Tuesday, August 11, 2009

bookcases.



Are your bookcases crooked and relatively pointless?



Reminiscent of a geometric pattern?



Featuring an alternate purpose such as climbing to another level of your house?




Ridiculously sorted in a pretty neat looking rainbow pattern but impossible for ever finding the book you want simply because you cannot recall the color of the binding?



Cleverly placed behind a decorative curtain with a ladder for the tall shelves?


Ooooo I've always wanted bookcases that require the use of a ladder. I can't wait to have my own home so I can take advantage of some of these amazing uses of the things-that-hold-my-precious-books. My semi-obsessiveness probably wouldn't allow for color coding because you have the size difference problem, not to mention the fact that I wouldn't have any (ahem, many) books in black, brown, or red. Also, what do to when you have more than one book by the same author? You can't tear them apart! Atrocious.

No, no. I won't be color coding. But I can appreciate those who do.

I'll just be dreaming of a shelf so high I must roll the ladder out from behind the decorative curtain, climb 2 to 3 rungs high, and comfortably pull out my non-dog eared copy of (fill in the blank here) then proceed to lounge on my extra comfy couch for a nice little reading session.

Sigh.


All images found via google image search of "bookcases" "bookcase" or "color coordinated bookcase."

1 comment:

Susanna said...

so for the longest time I've wanted a wall of books requiring a ladder to access. I'm re-doing my new house right now...it's a 1925 Victorian and I keep thinking this has to be it...the final place I can install, somewhere, a wall of books with a ladder rail. So far I haven't come up with a solution, but it's nice to know I'm not alone with my obsession. Btw, Ikea has a nice ladder specimen for these purposes.