Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Zesty!

Ugh, I worked 10 hours today. Up and down the stairs, answering phones, and spending some quality and not so quality time with my good friend Photoshop. Some days when I walk out the back door at 5, 6, 7ish PM, my brain is literally throbbing from all of the multi-tasking, computer staring, and workflow organizing I do throughout the day. Today was one of those days.

I thought the last thing I would want to do is sit in front of my [superior] home computer and spend more time with Photoshop. So I didn't. I watched some HGTV, even took a power nap during "My First Place." But then I heard my name.

Rachel!

Rachel! :crinkle crinkle: Rachel!

RACHEL!

It was my new Photoshop User mag, still in plastic packaging (hence the crinkling) sitting all by its lonesome on top of my coffee table. In all fairness, it was in good company with my unread Rachael Ray and Vogue mags.

Well anyway, I gave in to that little voice, ripped off the plastic, and started rifling through the pages. You can guess what happened next... Yep, I sat down at my computer and start playing.

Warning: these photos are ROUGH and literally just for fun. Please don't judge me on my sloppy extractions or poor creative ideas.

Ericapple

I spent some time looking for arrows, but they are all too clip-art-ish or ridiculous. Wouldn't it look cooler with an arrow in the wood right where he's looking? Shout out to Eric for being such a great subject!

zesty

Googly eyes are back. This one is a little silly but I liked the overall feel of it. The orange in front is lacking something. It needs something else to give it the UMPH it needs. But I'm not too unhappy with it - I'm unveiling it here aren't I?

So my head hurts a LOT now. Time for bed.

1 comment:

Carley Augustine Graphic Design blogspot said...

I love the artwork. I need to do more of that, Hence, I need to get my photoshop Mag ON!!!