Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting acclimated...

This is going to be short because I am soooo hungry and my stomach is mad at me for waiting this long. First off, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! Second, this is my 7th day in Charlotte and I'm definitely starting to get the hang of things. I had my first day at work on Friday--it went spectacularly. (word?)

Here's the cliff notes-- I work with 3 people day to day. Names: Angi (my immediate boss), Sean (my boss's boss/still my boss/the owner of the company), and Peter (the photoshop wizard.) All are young, fun, and married. Don't know why I throw that in there, but it makes a difference in my mind. I'm going to be learning a lot of the business/accounting side of the business which is exciting because they don't teach you that in school! Also, I might do some travelling!!! More news about that later, but I might be popping up in Chicago, LA, and Miami later this summer! 

Eric and I have been checking out the area for fun places to go/shop/eat. On friday, we went to Carolina Rib House. It was good, nothing to write home about--but I guess I am writing home about it. We also found a tiny theater and saw What Happens In Vegas. We both thought it was pretty funny (although Mom told me it got really bad reviews.) Then last night we saw the Mudhens play the Charlotte Knights. It was a double header but we didn't even stay through the first game. The sun was pounding down on us and we had already gotten quite a bit of sun earlier that day by laying out at the pool! Anyway, when we left, the Mudhens were getting their butts kicked. Sad. After that, we checked out another restaurant called Wize Guys which is a brick oven pizza/bar type place. Very good (and good as leftovers too!)

So that's it so far. Today we're gonna find a borders and a goodwill. I'll keep you all updated as more exciting things happen to me! :)

Love, Rach

No comments: