Monday, June 16, 2008

Big Church, Family Fun, and Flavor Ice

Today was a looooong day and I still have a couple hours left before I crash into bed tonight! Eric left around 4/4:30ish this morning after another fun filled weekend (I'm so spoiled that he came to visit me twice in less than 2 weeks!) He successfully made it to St Louis this afternoon, so now I can be less worried about him :) He's visiting his family out there - and helping out with his brother's kids/stuff because he broke his arm in a car accident a couple weeks ago. So anyway, about my weekend...

Saturday was a pool day followed by dinner with Tina and Rick. We went to the Charlotte Cafe. It was just the four of us, and we had a blast. We talked about all sorts of things that I can't currently remember but I know both Eric and I left there saying we had fun, haha. Sunday morning we went to check out this non-denominational church called Forest Hill. It's a BIG church with concert-style worship complete with thumping bass and colored lights and 2 giant screens on either side of the stage. I wasn't a huge fan of the music style but the graphics/videos were really cool and the pastor was really good. Next week I believe I'll check out one of the satellite locations - there's one right by my apartment. Eric said sometimes they do their own worship and just show the pastor's message on the screen, which sounds better to me. Also, it will probably be smaller.

Later that day, Eric and I went over to Ashley (my cousin) and David's house for a Father's day cookout. We were there from about 3:30 to 8 or so. It was a lot of fun just hanging out with family and eating great food! Ash and David have 4 or 5 dogs, which REALLY made me miss my Roxy. sigh.

GOOD NEWS though!!! I'm coming home for the 4th of July! I'll be home thursday night and will stay through monday morning! I'm super duper excited! haha yeah I said super duper. I bought my plane ticket an d everything!

Today at work I started a new project - a banner for the wedding section of Charlotte Photo Basics (if I haven't explained before, Charlotte Photo Basics is a sort of side project/extension to Sean Busher Photography that utilizes their own network of photographers for local projects. Sean wants to focus on national stuff, so his time is becoming more valuable. He chose not to lose his local/current clients by creating this company and sourcing the work out to hand picked photographers.) I spent the whole day working on a design and I'm pretty excited to have this type of project where I can see it through to the finished product. Sean's out of town for the next 3 weeks almost, so I'll be working a lot with Angi on more business things - but I'll also get to work with Peter on the photoshop stuff. I'm learning so much!!!

Ok I'm hungry and exhausted. I never managed to fall back to sleep after Eric left this morning so I'm going to pass out early tonight!!!

No comments: