Monday, June 8, 2009

Chalky footprint

IMG_1540

My nephew, Cyrus celebrated his third birthday on Saturday in Toledo. Yes, I will be cliche and say - I can't believe he's 3 already! My how time flies... Cyrus is such a joy. He's 3, which comes with the inevitable meltdowns and tantrums, but this weekend I was constantly amazed at who Cyrus is growing up to be.

He's smart. Seriously smart. I'm not just being a proud aunt here. The kid knows his shapes. Octagons, Pentagons, 9-sided shapes (he's smarter than me apparently). He loves to spell. He loves to figure out how things works and always wants to know "what are YOU doing?"

He has this way of looking at you with a goofy grin on his face that pretty much forces a smile out of you. This is a problem when he's trying to let the dog free or throwing his bagel cream-cheese side down onto the carpet.

When he sees me, and I bend down for a hug, he comes RUNNING. I just love it. I wish I could bottle up those feelings and save them for the times I could use a laugh.


No comments: