Friday, February 20, 2009

Fridayyyyyyyyy

Photobucket

It seems like I have been taking a lot of photos from my car lately. This one doesn't even come close to doing the sky justice but I still enjoy it. I was on the highway, and just happened to look over at the sky and this tiny little bright spot in the sky seemed to appear from nowhere. The resulting rainbow looked a lot cooler (technical term.) from behind my sunglasses - but even without them, it was fascinating. I've never seen such a random, bright sunburst-rainbow-pretty-thing. So look closely, you can sort of see it!

Have you ever seen a rainbow that arched all the way across the sky? When I was a freshman in college, I lived on the 6th floor of Blanding Tower at the University of Kentucky. Blanding Tower had a twin, Kirwin Tower that stood just across the way. One day, this rainbow (and a faint twin of one) reached all the way from one side of the sky to the other - right over Kirwin. It was breathtaking. I'll have to see if I can scrounge up the picture from that day so you can see it too! :)

No comments: