Thursday, February 5, 2009

Little Eisley



Yesterday was my niece's first birthday. I did not get to squeeze her cheeks, or give her a kiss on the head, or even make her smile because she's in Columbus with Bree, Andy, and Cy. However, that is probably a good thing because I was dealing with this monster that is the flu.

But this isn't about me. This is about little Eisley. It's her 1 year 1 day mark and I just want to tell the world that I am so grateful for her existence. She's adorable! She doesn't give her smiles away easily - which always makes you feel like you've won a prize when you are on the receiving end of an Eisley grin. She will stare at you with an unwavering look of utter concentration for minutes on end, making me think she has highly intelligent thoughts running through her head. And she's starting to walk, which is just simply delightful. She still needs help from your hands, the couch, sometimes the dog, and congratulating her on the small steps is so much fun.

So, Happy Birthday Eisley! I love ya!

Love always, your aunt Rach.

No comments: