Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just gotta have a little -



I have a problem. I am a scaredy cat, to put it in the words of an 8 year old. For some reason, I have been terrified lately.. of all sorts of things. Mostly I'm scared for my safety (and the safety of those that I love) but it's really starting to get out of hand.

I don't like being home alone.
I have to have the doors locked (my car while I'm in it, the house in or out of it)
I don't like taking showers while I'm home alone and will avoid it at all costs.
I think of scenarios that would terrify me, then proceed to be terrified.

It's just crazy! The other day, I mentioned locking the car doors to my Mom who then said something that has gotten me thinking. She said, "There are two kinds of people in the world. People like you, and people like me." Naturally I asked for more, because that could mean any number of things. She told me I am the kind of person to constantly expect catastrophe, whereas she rarely thinks of such things. Well, I'm quite jealous to be honest. I think there's definitely a place for being cautious and careful, but being obsessive about it is no good.

I don't want to be that person.

I guess I just need to have a little faith.

No comments: